Property Tax Calendar
- January 1 Date determining current year taxable value and exemption status.
- January 31 Last day for mailing or paying prior year tax bills. Deadline to file prior year’s 25.25(d) or 25.25(h) corrections. Prior Tax Year’s taxes must be paid or the 25.25 is not valid.
- April 15 Deadline for filing Personal Property renditions and 30 day extension requests.
- April 30 Deadline for filing Homestead Exemptions, Freeport Exemptions, special valuation and abatement applications.
- May 31 Deadline for filing property tax protests. (Or 30 days after delivery of Notice of Appraised Value).
- June – September Period when majority of appeal hearings are conducted.
- October Majority of tax offices mail tax bills that must be paid by January 31 of the following year.